I have created this post to share Sample PMP questions and answers.
The PMP, or Project Management Professional, is an exam conducted by the Project Management Institute (PMI), is a globally recognized certification. The exam consists of 200 multiple choice questions that outline the five process groups (Initiation, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing).
PMP exam dumps free download from here.
1. Which of the following is NOT true of obtaining project plan approval?
A. Until you obtain plan approval, you don’t need to put changes to it through change control
B. Change control makes sure that only approved changes can make it into the approved plan
C. Only one person needs to approve the Project Management Plan and that’s the Project Manager
D. It’s important for the entire team to buy into the Project Management Plan for it to be successful
Answer is C:
It’s not enough that the Project Manager approves of the Project Management Plan; it needs to be approved by all of the stakeholders in the project.
2. Which of the following shows roles and responsibilities on your project?
A. Bar chart
B. Resource histogram
C. RACI matrix
C. Human Resource Management Plan
Answer is C :
The RACI matrix shows roles and responsibilities on your project. RACI stands for Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed
3. Adam is a project manager on a software development project. About halfway through development, his team found that they had not estimated enough time for some of the technical work they needed to do. He requested that the new work be added to the scope statement and that the time to do the work be added to the schedule. The change control board approved his change. What’s his next step?
A. Update the scope and schedule baselines to reflect the approved change
B. Start doing the work
C. Gather performance metrics on the team’s work so far
D. Perform Quality Assurance
Answer is A:
When a change has been approved you always need to update the baseline and then implement the change
4. Which of the following is NOT a source of information about specific project constraints and assumptions?
A. The project scope management plan
B. Requirements documentation
C. The project scope statement
D. The scope baseline
Answer is A :
The project scope management plan tells you exactly how you’ll create the project scope, define the WBS, verify that the work has been done, and make changes to the scope. But it doesn’t tell you about specific assumptions that you and the team have made, or constraints on your project.
5. When do you perform stakeholder analysis?
A. When managing communications on your project
B. When developing the project charter
C. When creating the project management plan
D. When putting changes through change control
Answer is A:
Stakeholder Analysis is one of the tools and techniques of the Identify Stakeholders process. Identify Stakeholders is one of the processes in the Communications Management knowledge area.
6. Which is the BEST definition of quality?
A. A product made of very expensive materials
B. A product made with a lot of care by the team who built it
C. A product that satisfies the requirements of the people who pay for it
D. A product that passes all of its tests
Answer is C:
Quality management is all about making sure that the product you are building conforms to your customer’s requirements.
7. When are the most expensive defects most likely to be introduced into a product?
A. When the product is being assembled
B. When the product is being designed
C. When the quality management plan is being written
D. When the product is being reviewed by the customers
Answer is B:
The most expensive defects are the ones introduced when the product is being designed.This really makes sense once you think about how projects are run. If your team introduces a defect into a product while it’s being designed, then they have to go back and fix it it completely if they developed a product with defective design.
8. In which plan do you define the processes that will be used to keep people informed throughout the project?
A. Staffing Management Plan
B. Project Management Plan
C. Schedule Management Plan
D. Communications Management Plan
Answer is D:
The Communications Management Plan defines all of the processes that will be used for communication on the project.
9. Which enterprise environmental factor defines how work is assigned to people?
A. RACI matrix
B. Project Management Information System (PMIS)
C. Resource histogram
D. Work authorization system
Answer is D:
The work authorization system is a part of your company’s Enterprise Environmental Factors, It defines how work is assigned to people.
10. Which of the following is not a tool or technique of the Perform Quality Control process?
B. Quality audits
C. Pareto charts
D. Statistical sampling
Answer is B:
Quality audits are reviews done on your project to make sure that you are following all of the processes in your company correctly. They are a tool of the Perform Quality Assurance process.